As far as the Internet is concerned, routers were a revolution in the way of accessing it. Being able to access the Internet remotely without the need for cables (or Wi-Fi) is one of the pillars of modern Internet access and best wireless routers 2021 have this quality . Just look at all that wiring behind your modem connected to multiple computers to realize how annoying it can be to change a cable position or want to clean that area.
If you have a staunch aversion to wiring, you’ve come to the right place. Here we will show you the 9 best wireless routers 2021 , so you can finally get rid of the hassle caused by wiring.
Best Wireless Routers 2021 the best of the best!
1-TP-LINK ARCHER C1200 – WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
- We present you the best wireless router 2021 available on the market , under the very popular TP-Link brand, with thousands of ratings and an average of almost 5 stars rating. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why, just take a look at its specs, which are the best of the best available: speed, stability and range . It can even be managed from an Android device with the TP-Link Tether app.
- In that order, let’s start with its speed, which reaches the top of 1200Mbps , distributing 866Mbps for its 5GHz band while the other 300Mbps go to its 2.4GHz band. In addition, although it is wireless, you can connect an Ethernet cable from your computer to the router to enjoy the fast Gigabit port , with speeds 100 times faster than the traditional Fast Ethernet.
- It also stands out for being the only one on this list to have the relatively new Beamforming technology , which is exceptionally effective in filtering signal noise to offer greater intensity and more stable connection.
- On top of all, it also includes 6 antennas , of which 3 are external and 5dBi, and the other 3 are internal. All this allows omni-directional signal coverage , so no corner of your home or office will be left without being able to connect to this powerful router.
2-TP-LINK ARCHER C50 – DUAL BAND WIRELESS ROUTER
- This best wireless router 2021 is not far behind the previous Archer C1200. The Archer C50 comes as a very similar option, with nearly equal speeds and range , plus a nice modern white look .
- Its speed is the top of 1200Mbps distributed in dual band, 866Mbps for the 5GHz band and 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band. It is also compatible with the AC standard and has Fast Ethernet ports to connect your computers or printers to the router and enjoy a fast and direct connection.
- Its range is just as good, with 4 external antennas to cover a considerable radius of the area where it is, of course, without neglecting the stability of the connection.
- A plus point about the Archer C1200 model is that this router is notably cheaper than its rival, so if you are not interested in other technologies such as beamforming because they are unnecessary, this is the router you should buy.
- As a final detail, like other modern TP-Link routers, it can be managed through the exclusive Android application TP-Link Tether , to save more time than doing it from a computer and with the comfort of your smartphone.
3-TP-LINK ARCHER C20 – DUAL BAND WIRELESS ROUTER
- This is the mid-range best wireless router 2021 on the market by TP-Link in their Archer line. Although it is not the fastest in this section, it is for a justified reason, and that is that this router is aimed at another audience , which does not need such high speeds because they really do not need them.
- However, this in no way means that it is slow, as it has 750Mbps SPEED and is compatible with the AC standard, which is more than enough for most people . This speed is divided into its double band, 433Mbps corresponding to 5GHz and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz. Adding to its speed, there was also a Fast Ethernet port for computers or printers.
- Its coverage should not be underestimated either, since for it it has 3 external antennas that ensure an OMNIDIRECTIONAL SIGNAL without cuts or interruptions (2 for the 2.4GHz band and the remaining one for the 5GHz), something that seems to be characteristic of this line of the brand TP-Link.
- Finally, as we mentioned before, this product can be managed from the comfort of your smartphone , with an application only available for Android called TP-link Tether. While this router does not offer the exaggerated features that other routers do, it knows how to stay in the middle of quality and price.
4-TP-LINK TL-WR940N – WIRELESS N450 MBPS ROUTER
- Here we begin to enter the territory of TP-Link’s inexpensive best WIRELESS router 2021 . This one, specifically, is designed for small businesses and home needs . To do this, it has deprived itself of the most striking functions to stay in the essentials.
- Its SPEED reaches 450Mbps , which will be enough to satisfy the demand for high definition transmission or online games.
- Its range is supported by three antennas of 5dBi each, so in its range it will be close to other routers on the market.
- In addition, something that makes it stand out is its easy bandwidth configuration, since the process is simplified to assign a certain amount of bandwidth to each IP connected to the network, in order to have better control of how much bandwidth it receives each one.
- Its security encompasses WPA and WPA2 encryption, so security will not be a problem with this wireless router either.
- And as it could not be missing, it is also possible to manage this router through the TP-Link Tether application on your Android device. As you can see, this router meets the essentials , and even a little more.
5-TP-LINK TL-WR841N – WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
- Finally, we come to the last of TP-Link’s best wireless router 2021 on this list. If you have been able to realize, there has been a decreasing trend in terms of the functions of their products and also their price. That is why this latest best wireless router 2021 is the most basic of all those presented so far.
- As such, it must be borne in mind that this router is intended to meet only the most basic needs that a person may need in terms of the internet. Under this premise, its SPEED of 300Mbps in the 2.4GHz band can be explained and that, at most, it is compatible with the N standard, which is older than the renowned AC standard. However, this speed will meet the demands for relatively basic tasks .
- Despite being basic, its range is better than expected. That’s right, since it effectively has 2 antennas of 5dBi each, which is already better than other options in this same price range. It also has bandwidth control (Quality of Service, or QoS) through the IP.
- And, not surprisingly, it can also be managed through the EXCLUSIVE Android app called TP-Link Tether. To reiterate, keep in mind that this router is the option for people who need only the most basic , such as only having Wi-Fi for two or three devices at home and who do not perform demanding activities on the Internet.
6-TENDA AC6 DUAL BAND SMART WIRELESS ROUTER
- Now we move on to the next best participant in this category: Tenda. This specific router is apparently the best wireless router 2021, being even recommended by customers of different online portals, with excellent ratings and a good price. And the latter is perhaps what makes it stand out the most: its exceptional value for money .
- In terms of speed, it reaches the maximum limit of 1200Mbps in dual band (866Mbps for 5GHz and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz), it is compatible with the fast AC standard and it has 4 Megabit LAN ports for faster and direct connection to the computer.
- Regarding its range, it brings with it those 4 striking antennas of 5dBi each so that no area is left without coverage, and to complement that range it also has Beamforming technology , with which you will not only have range but also stability and intensity.
- And if you thought that TP-Link was the only one that had an app to manage, then you are wrong. Tenda also has ITS OWN APP to manage your router from a smartphone called Tenda WiFi, where you can establish parental control, blacklists, guest network and security control.
7-TENDA AC18 AC1900 WIRELESS WIFI GIGABIT GAMING ROUTER
- This other best wireless router 2021 from Tenda is also particularly remarkable, although for another reason: it is incredibly fast . In fact, it is the fastest best wireless router 2021 on this list. Let’s see why.
- Its speed surpasses what was previously considered a maximum limit, reaching the monstrous figure of 1900Mbps in dual band, awarding 1300Mbps for 5GHz in AC standard and 600Mbps for 2.4GHz in N standard .
- It also has 5 Gigabit ports , in case you want a direct internet connection immune to interference. We can clearly deduce that this router is aimed at the most demanding activities on the Internet , such as streaming videos in the highest resolutions such as 4K and also connecting to demanding online games, including for the new Cloud Gaming platforms.
- Its range is summarized in 3 antennas of 5dBi coupled with HIGH POWER amplifiers . While its range is not as remarkable as its speed, it will be more than enough to cover a considerable area with this powerful router, supported and protected from interruptions thanks to Beamforming technology.
- This wireless router can also use the Tenda WiFi app to be managed from a smartphone.
8-TENDA AC10U WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
- The best wireless router 2021 AC10U of Tenda, is said to be directed to play , but therefore inevitably also have to be good for other activities that require a good Internet.
- Its speed reaches the popular figure of 1200Mbps in dual band , distributed in 866Mbps for the 5GHz band and the other 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band in AC standards. For connections that need to be even faster, 4 Gigabit ports are available for such situations.
- Its scope does stand out, since it has 4 antennas of 5dBi each and the signal emanating from them protected by Beamforming technology , which will allow it to penetrate the walls and effectively filter the noise of the signal.
- And like all Tenda best WIRELESS routers 2021 , it is also possible to manage it through the Tenda WiFi smart device app.
- It has excellent SPEED and range , but its position on this list is due to the fact that it is not compatible with Movistar modems and it is not the best when used as a repeater, and even its administration through Tenda WiFi is faulty.
9-TENDA AC10 – AC1200 WIRELESS GIGABIT WIFI ROUTER, DUAL BAND
- We come to the last best wireless router 2021 on this list, which is a slightly simpler version of the previous wireless router. The AC10, while it doesn’t lag behind other best wireless routers 2021 in terms of speed and range, in other respects it may not be the best option. Let’s take a look.
- We start with its speed, which reaches 1200Mbps as they are normally distributed in the dual bands (866Mbps for 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band) with compatibility with the AC standard. Along with this, it also has 4 Gigabit ports , in case you need an even more stable cable connection for your computer.
- Its excellent range is also the same as the previous model, having 4 antennas of 5 dBi each and also guaranteeing its stability with Beamforming technology .
- And, of course, it is possible to manage it through the Tenda WiFi app from a smartphone.
- So far it has been identical to the AC10U model. So how is it different? In that this router does not have a USB port to share printers and other content. This is a basic function of the routers in this category.
- The wireless router has also been criticized for its performance and has seen its reputation damaged. Perhaps the only reason why you would want to choose this router over the others is its futuristic appearance, characteristic of Tenda.
Buying Guide – Best Wireless Routers 2021
Routers, wireless or not, can be somewhat confusing for the average buyer. As in all technology, there are many terms and specifications so complex, sometimes unnecessary, that they end up frustrating and guiding consumers to what sounds best, even if it is not the right choice. That is why we take the trouble to leave you a guide to best buying wireless routers 2021, with the data that you should take into account when you go to make the purchase.
In the market for best wireless routers 2021, its maximum bandwidth often comes out on your behalf. There are AC1200, AC1900, and even AC5400, but the truth is that none of them matter, as this name alone should give you an idea of their actual speed. That said, we do not recommend buying a wireless router that is below AC1200 , such as AC750 or AC900, as it would then be an old technology router, and it is not the best option for modern devices.
In current years, it is very convenient to have a WIRELESS router that has dual bands . The dual bands are the renowned 2.4GHz and 5GHz, the former works with older devices and is more resistant to interference, while the latter goes better with more modern devices and allows FASTER SPEEDS and is the one that benefits from the popular AC standard.
MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) is the ability to transmit to several devices at the same time and to transmit to a single device through several data streams. It is extremely necessary that a WIRELESS router have this function, since it allows to deal with several devices at the same time and ensure a fast Wi-Fi speed. It is a technology that some of the latest models include and that is something to consider.
PROCESSOR AND RAM
An often overlooked aspect is the processor and RAM of a wireless router , and rest assured that is more important than it sounds. A processor with at least two cores is preferable, and if it is a single core, it must be at least 800MHz; and with 256MB of RAM or at least not less than 128MB.
Your router should at least have a USB port in homes or offices, since this will allow you to connect external hard drives or printers and can be accessed by all the people who connect to the router. In addition, you can have some routers with input for other devices, PlayStation, WAN, etc.
ADMINISTRATION VIA SMARTPHONE
Before, to manage your router, you had to access the firmware through your internet browser, which was and still is for the most part, very complex for the average person. Today, the process has been simplified and can be accessed via smartphones .
Reviews, especially speed ones
When reading the specifications of a wireless router , you only talk about its performance under ideal conditions and not in everyday conditions. This is why you should read the reviews before buying a wireless router, to know if the speed or any other aspect is as they say it is or if, in fact, they are defective.
ADVANCED FEATURES (QOS, SMART CONNECT AND BEAMFORMING)
When introducing these best wireless routers 2021 to the public, manufacturers often name these functions with flashy and complex names to sound more convincing, so they are worth addressing. There are three in particular that deserve outstanding attention: QoS, Smart Connect and Beamforming.QoS : refers to Quality of Service (quality of service) and basically it is a way to control how much bandwidth corresponds to each device connected to a router. It should be mentioned that this process is complex for a person who does not handle the terms.
However, other more advanced forms of this function have appeared, such as dynamic QoS, also called intelligent or adaptive QoS, which do the work for you of detecting and deciding how much bandwidth each device on the network should have, with results excellent. If you tend to do large data transfers on the network, this feature is something you might want to have on your wireless router.
Smart Connect : This is a function that gives both frequency bands a name instead of using different names for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. When a device connects to the router, this feature determines the appropriate band for it and assigns it. It sounds good in theory, but in practice there have been numerous complaints that its work is not effective and, in fact, it does the opposite of what is expected. In other words, it assigns modern devices to the 2.4GHz band when it should be 5GHz.
This is why we do not recommend paying attention to this function. function. Beamforming – is included in all modern dual band wireless routers 2021. It is part of the AC standard and is responsible for concentrating the signal to where the connected devices are instead of focusing them in all directions equally, which increases the intensity of the signal and the speed you get from it. This function has been considered effective and therefore we recommend that you have it in your wireless router 2021 .
- Best Wireless Routers 2021 the best of the best!
- 1-TP-LINK ARCHER C1200 – WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
- 2-TP-LINK ARCHER C50 – DUAL BAND WIRELESS ROUTER
- 3-TP-LINK ARCHER C20 – DUAL BAND WIRELESS ROUTER
- 4-TP-LINK TL-WR940N – WIRELESS N450 MBPS ROUTER
- 5-TP-LINK TL-WR841N – WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
- 6-TENDA AC6 DUAL BAND SMART WIRELESS ROUTER
- 7-TENDA AC18 AC1900 WIRELESS WIFI GIGABIT GAMING ROUTER
- 8-TENDA AC10U WIRELESS WIFI ROUTER
- 9-TENDA AC10 – AC1200 WIRELESS GIGABIT WIFI ROUTER, DUAL BAND
- Buying Guide – Best Wireless Routers 2021