If you are one of those enthusiast who are not satisfied with their 7th gen processors and is aware that 8th gen processors are not working with your 200 series motherboards, is in search of best gaming motherboard for your i7 8700K so then look no further as we have spent ample time to make this decision easy for you.
Our research team has went through number of z370 boards and have list down each and every tiny details of boards that are available in the market and has choose few boards that are catering each and every demand of the enthusiast, boards that are fueled with great technologies that are taking the gaming experience to whole new level.
The key point to look for is features, as the main differences comes in features which every manufacturer has spent time and money in developing and implementing keeping their target market in mind.
So to sum it up every gamer who is going through the predicament of choosing which product has those features which can fill up their requirements, our research is going to be a great help in finding the right machine that is going to cater your requirements not only for today but for a long run in future.
What to look before purchasing Best Gaming Motherboard for i7 8700k?
Before we proceed, the focal point of this research was to place every feature good or bad of every best product available in the market at the moment on the table, so you can gauge yourself which one suits your requirement. Also the main salient features of every product is gauged through following parameters.
- Overclock Abilities
- Hardware Appearance
- Hardware Support
So without further ado let’s dive into the list to help you purchase the best board that suits your need.
This product has marked the top of the list due to the fact it covers most of the requirements which gamers are looking for. This ultimate gaming machine supports 8th Gen intel CPU with Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs which ensures proper compatibility upto 4000 MHZ and beyond.
Triple PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 allow gamers to maximize their system’s potential. Aorus Z370 is the one of the first platforms that supports inteloptane technology which optimizes storage performance by acting as a cache drive providing users a significant boost.
Durability is one of the features that place it amongst the top gaming boards as the innovative one piece stainless steel design provides extra strength to support heavy graphic cards. To add add cherry on the top it also provides anti-sulfur protection which takes the durability factor to whole new level. GUI is new and easy to use functionalities with refreshed BIOS.
Further main features comprises of
- RGB Fusion with Digital LEDs : Digital LEDs fusion with RGB is even better in Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi, supports both 5v and 12v LED lighting strips and up to 300 strips with option to control internal RGB and RGBW/Digital LED light strips form their pc.
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio: high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec with up to 120dB SNR for crystal clear audio and features such as Smart Headphone Amp for voice chats and providing best possible audio quality from their pc.
- Smart Fan 5: Giving control to users of different fan headers accessing different thermal sensors at different location of the motherboard also making motherboard liquid cooling friendly.
- Intel® 1×1 802.11ac Wireless – AC 3165
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Digital LED Light Show design
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors with Fan stop
- 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitors
- Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 4000MHz and Beyond
- M.2 coolers not included
- Dated BIOS
The next in the line is Asus Rog Maximus X hero that covers most of the cravings of enthusiastics, with the latest enhancements this is of the best fit for fanatics looking for gaming motherboard for i7-8700K. This model is not only much more efficient and affordable as compare to previous models of same series but also has not compromised on any aspect of quality in respect of performance.
A clear design for 8thgeneration intel core processors for robust speed and connectivity as there are 4 DIMM dual channel supporting up to DDR4 4133+ MHZ dual channel and XMP support. Pre-mounted I/O shield which prevents mismatching of motherboards, on back the first easy access is of Cir CMOS button and BIOS flashback for reset and update without any working environment.
4k ultra HD display support for the clear resolution also it has 1 HDMI and display port giving you an extra output apart from what your graphic card is offering. Providing options for USB 3.1 Gen 2 ( Type A + Type C) and the main feature is that it has premium intel I219-V gblan card guarded by LANgaurd.
Further main features concludes
- RGB Lighting control: AsusRog Maximus X hero matches the performance with a spectacular aesthetics. It offers full RGB control with functional presets build-in LEDs and strips. It can also be synced with ever growing aura capable ASUS hardware.
- Ultimate Cooling : Comes with angular M.2 hearsink that keeps your SSD cool, having capacity to reduce the chance of performance-sapping throttling by dissipating the heat from M.2 area also offering the most comprehensive cooling controls.
- SupremeFX Audio: with an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection which means you are going to get the best ever recording quality, a superior front end panel output for Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion which brings the end result of high quality sound.
- DIY friendly Design pre-mounted I/O Shield
- Customized audio setting to different applications
- Sonic Studio Link VR functionality
- comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers
- 5-WAY OPTIMIZATION ,ONE-CLICK OVERCLOCK AND COOLING
- Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming for faster online play
- Less USB ports then predecessors
The next in line is MSI enthusiast Gaming Intel M5 which is creating its market space by working on something called realistic experience where users feels that the objects have come alive due to its unique smart software and hardware components.
This motherboard is specially designed to utilize 6 core processors in optimum level providing a great level of performance when comes to gaming. When we talk about the specifications, it is providing full gaming IO cover protecting the I/O ports, giving 2 gaming ports, clear CMOS and flashback + , USB ports 3.1 GEN 2, audio jacks with S/PDIF and gaming LAN with the lowest latency with great network management providing preference to any gaming traffic than any other network traffic.
In Internal specification 4 memory slots supports up to 64GB indual channel mode managing speed upto DDR4-4000 MHZ with steel armor which optimizes traces and isolated memory circuitry, PCI-E steel armor protecting VGA cards against bending and EMI, to keep M.2 shield and double ESD protected.
Multi-GPU supports NVIDA SLI and AMD crossfire providing the slot replacement for good air flow. Click BIOS 5 one of the best BIOS with high resolution scalable fonts with and favorites and search functions. Other features that takes the experience of the enthusiastic to another level is that it comes with ready VR providing top of the line virtual gaming experience without latency which reduces motion sickness.
The other main features comprises of
- Customizable Mystic Lights :Providing you the liberty to choose your own colors for your gaming rig with mystic light utility taking no more than 1 second, 17 LED effects and 16.8 million customizable color schemes. Due to mystic light sync you can control CPU coolers, keyboards and RGB system fans.
- Fan headers with full control: The utmost requirements is to keep the temperature of the system under control in order to capitalize the optimum functionality of the board, to counter that MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel M5 has substantial cooling fan headers with complete control in order to keep the temperature of the system anyway you want.
- MSI Audio Boost: You can have most dominating gaming experience with MSI Audio boost as the components used to provide audio experience are of high quality just only to ensure best gaming experience. With the help of Nahimic 2, Audio Boost 4 , Audio amplifier and audio capacitors lets you enjoy the best gaming sound effects and bring excitement through the sound quality.
Lets discuss the Pros and Cons of this gamin board.
- Supports 9th/8th Gen Intel Core
- DDR4 – 4000+ (OC) Memory
- Twin turbo M.2 with M.2 shield V2
- VR ready
- Award winning BIOS
- Gaming Certified
- Few booting issues
- Slow driving installation
ASROCK exteme 4 has always been the favorite among intel processors due to its top notch features and performance when it comes to gaming performance. This is also a great value for money when we compare price value with features installed in this board.
Elegant theme along with great selection of options and features across the board which provides a competitive edge to this board on other Z370 motherboards. If we look at the external features we have dual USB free headers, 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C) and 9 USB 3.1 Gen1 (1 Front Type-C, 4 Front Type-A, 4 Rear) with graphic output options like HDMI, DVI-D and D-Sub.
Intel Gigabit LAN which is providing the best throughput performance, less CPU utilization, stability and a great networking experience. SLI HB bridge free bundled offer compatibility with NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 graphic cards that provides boost to available transfer bandwidth ergo a sound gameplay and surround gaming experience for the users.
Motherboard composed of super alloy providing features like XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink which helps to take away the heat from MOSFET and chipset, Premium 60A Power Choke, High Density Glass Fabric PCB and I/O Armor special designed protective cover for the major parts of motherboard’s I/O rear to prevent them from any damage from static electricity.
Now when we talk about the inside features let’s start by mentioning the most advanced feature which of great use for the gaming experience that is this Asrock z370 extreme motherboard comes with Intel optane memory ready that supports both inteloptane memory technology and inteloptane storage technology which brings high definition performance and responsiveness.
Further features includes M.2 (Key E) for Wifi , for more graphic experience this motherboard supports up to triple monitor which you can choose to display from rear I/O. Unlike other motherboards Extreme 4 uses next generation digital PWM design which increases the Lifespan of the motherboard.
The further main features includes.
RGB LED: Like all other motherboards in z370 ASROCK extreme 4 is also providing this features of building your own colorful lightening system as the header allows users to connect LED strip and create their own lightening scheme. LED utility can easily be downloaded from ASROCK live update and APP store.
Purity Sound 4: The other feature is which attracts enthusiasts is sound quality, ASROCK extreme 4 provides purified audio performance with high definition sound system. It consist of Purity sound 4 which is a combo of severe hardware and software audio solutions. 7.1 CH HD audio system with latest Realtek ALC 1220 audio codec which levels up the gaming experience with its crispest sound effects.
- Supports 8th Generation intel core processors
- 12 power phase digital PWM
- Supports up to DDR4 4333+ (OC)
- 8 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E)
- VR ready
- ThunderBolt Ready
- Good overclockability
- Sometimes RAM compatibility issues
- 4K not supported
So by keeping these aforementioned points and all other aspects in mind we are providing our conclusion to help you buy the product which suits your requirements and is a great buy for your buck.
Me and my research team has gone through all the components and we think that more or less the components and features are almost the same when it comes down to any z370 board which is supporting 8th gen or 9th gen intel processors, however the difference always arrives when it comes to brands that are dominating the market and who has counted every pulse of the user before they launch the new board.
The brands like Asus and Gigabyte are spending huge amount of time on actually knowing what is the current market requirement technologically and user experience wise and they try to match that mark, and in my personal opinion they have done a splendid job by delivering the boards that has less hardware issues, have all the features that a latest boards should have in terms of speed, overclocking, temperature control, RGB lights, VR ready etc suiting the requirement of enthusiast.
So to make it easy for you I have divided my choice into two categories.
Best Board Feature Wise:
The other main reason is it has all the features like 8th gen processor support, DDR4 4133 MHZ (OC), I/O shield, RGB lightening effects, great cooling fans that can be controlled, one click overclocking, DIY design that are the requirement of modern gaming enthusiast.
So if you are looking for cool and advance features with a trust factor in mind I will recommend Asus Rogmaximus X hero.
Best Board in Low price range:
One always has to consider the budget range as well while selecting the boards of his choice. As mentioned above more or less all the boards are offering the same features, but few are overpriced due to the fact that they are launched with aa brand tag and with branded features.
May Be You Like : Best Gaming Earbuds Reviews 2019